Lemon spaghetti uses just 5 ingredients and is perfect for a truly effortless Sunday lunch with a classic Italian flavour.
Ingredients for lemon spaghetti (serves 4):
– 400g spaghetti
– A splash of olive oil
– 3 small cartons of soya cream
– Zest of 5 lemons, juice of 1-2
– A good handful of basil or parsley
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the spaghetti, along with a splash of olive oil. You may find it easier to break the spaghetti (I do). Simmer until the spaghetti is tender (around 10-15 mins depending on how soft you like it).
2. Meanwhile, pour the soya cream into a separate pan and add the lemon zest and juice. Roughly chop or tear the basil and add that in too. Begin to heat the sauce when the pasta only has about 5 mins cooking time left.
3. When the spaghetti is ready, drain and add to the sauce. It’s especially nice with some black pepper on top.