Toast with loganberry jam, fruit
This was the amazing loganberry jam made by my Nan which really brightens up any breakfast.
Hummus and tomato wrap, fruit
This was one of the Warburton’s square wraps (wholemeal), which I find make great sandwiches. Sliced tomatoes are always a really good addition to a hummus sandwich as they add a nice burst of juiciness.
Green lentils with pine nuts, spinach and kiwi
This is a nice quick dish for a tasty protein boost. It works well served with pitta breads or tortilla wraps.
Ingredients for green lentils with pine nuts, spinach and kiwi (serves 2):
– 2 ripe kiwi fruits
– 2 medium shallots
– 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
– Olive oil
– 1 medium packet of spinach
– 1 tin of green lentils
– ½ packet pine nuts
1. Peel and chop the kiwi fruits, then set aside. Finely chop the shallots. Heat a good splash of olive oil in a pan and add the shallots and garlic. Sautee gently until the shallots are semi-transparent but not brown, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in the lentils and spinach, plus a splash of water. You may need to add the spinach in batches, waiting for one lot to wilt before you add in the next lot.
3. Stir in the pine nuts and continue to simmer for another 5 mins or so, stirring frequently. You may like to add a little more olive oil before serving. Once it’s been served, top artistically with the chopped kiwi fruits!
Apple, chocolate chip cookies
To my great excitement, I’ve managed to find some animal-free chocolate chip cookies. They’re hobnobs, and have dark chocolate chips. They ‘may contain traces of milk’ but I tend to ignore this (my reasoning being that buying such products does not give funding to the dairy industry). They’re extremely nice, as you can imagine!