This is one of those highly colourful dishes that would be nice to paint if you didn’t feel like eating! It’s great as a picnic dish or for a meal outside in the garden. It’s totally flexible and I would suggest just being creative and adding whatever you feel like. I always think there’s less room for serious error with vegan cooking; the worst that can happen is that your combination of flavours isn’t quite how you expected it.
Ingredients for peach and pepper pasta salad (serves 2):
– Enough pasta for two people (150g)?
– Some olive oil
– 2 green peppers
– A tin of peaches
– A little basil
– Juice of 1/2 lemon
– A good handful of salted nuts (e.g. pistachios)
Optional: a few seeds e.g. sunflower
1. Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and add a splash of olive oil. Simmer until soft/al dente or however you like it.
2. Meanwhile, chop the pepper and peaches (if they’re halves rather than slices). Tear up a few basil leaves.
3. When the pasta is ready, drain and run under a little cold water to refresh it.
4. Add all the ingredients to the pasta and stir together. Enjoy the great visual effect!