It’s pretty quick to make sausage rolls. You just need some vegan sausages and Jus’ Roll puff pastry. I like the Vegetarians Choice Lincolnshire style sausages, which you can get in Holland and Barrett. If you don’t have time to make your own, H&B do a ready made vegan sausage roll (although I haven’t tried them yet).
Here’s a quick step by step guide to making 6 sausage rolls:
1. Roll out the pastry and place the sausages on top.
2. Cut the pastry into six sections as seen below:
3. Take hold of the long edges of each section as if you were going to lift it up.
4. Pinch them together at the top, forming a roll round the sausage.
5. Pinch the short edges together and turn the roll over so the ‘seam’ is at the base. For the ones in the picture, I placed them on the baking tray with the seam facing up. This resulted in a hot dog type effect so probably isn’t advisable!
4. It’s not easy to give a precise cooking time but I would say around 25-30 mins on gas mark 7/8 (220-230 C).