This is a really delicious risotto recipe that looks great too. Risottos tend to take a little longer than pasta dishes, but still don’t need all that long to make (35 mins max).
Ingredients for beetroot risotto (serves 3):
– 250g risotto rice
– A little olive oil
– About 1 litre of veggie stock
– A good handful of parsley
– 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 2 large cooked beetroots (but not in vinegar)
– A generous handful of sultanas or cranberries
– A generous handful of pistachios
– A little soya cream
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the rice. Brown gently for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Gradually add the stock about a ladle full at a time, stirring very frequently. Wait until it’s almost absorbed before adding the next batch. Continue until the rice is cooked and most of the stock has been used up (this usually takes around 20 mins).
3. Meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley and add to the rice along with the garlic. You can also dice the beetroot and shell the pistachios but take care to keep stirring the rice as it’s very quick to stick to the pan.
3. When the rice is nearly cooked, add the beetroot, pistachios and sultanas. Stir in a good splash of soya cream and serve.