I must admit, this takes a bit longer than five minutes but it’s still pretty quick and too nice not to include in the salad section! You could always roast the walnuts beforehand to save time.
Ingredients for pear, watercress and walnut salad (serves 4):
– 1 medium sized pack of walnuts
– Maple syrup (agave syrup is a cheaper option which you can buy in the supermarket)
– 1 packet of watercress
– 1 tin of pears/ 3 ripe pears
1. Preheat the oven to gas 7 (220). Lay the walnuts out on a baking tray and drizzle some syrup over the top. Mix in with your hands. Roast for about 5-10 minutes, keeping a very close eye on them to avoid a burnt walnut disaster (never fails to cause extreme annoyance!). Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Place the watercress in a bowl, then add the pears and walnuts.